Give yourself at least 6 – 8 hours for the flank steak to marinate before making this delicious Asian inspired meal.
Per Serving: 383 Calories, 19g Fat, 33g Protein, 22g Carbohydrate, 6g Dietary Fiber
- 1 1/3 pounds flank steak well trimmed
- 7 1/2 cups green peppers halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Reserve 1 tablespoon of marinade. Combine marinade and beef flank steak in a plastic bag turning to coat. Close bag securely and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours (or overnight, if desired), turning occasionally. Remove steak from marinade. Set marinade aside. Baste peppers with reserved marinade.
- Place steak and bell pepper halves on grill over medium heat. Grill 12 to 15 minutes for rare to medium and until peppers are tender, turning steak and pepper halves once. Brush steak with reserved marinade before turning.
- Carve steak diagonally against the grain into thin slices. Serve with peppers.