Roast Beef in Jelly Aspic Style
February 19, 2014
NOTE: To give the dish an incredible taste, flavor the beef broth with fresh herbs.
Per Serving: 353 Calories, 10g Fat, 38g Protein, 26g Carbohydrate
- 1 1/4 pounds beef tenderloin lean, roasted and julienned
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 cups lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup celery root cubed
- 1/2 cup pickles sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 4 tablespoons Walden Farms Dressing (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cook celery root in salted water, drain well.
- In a large bowl, mix gelatin and 1/2 cup of beef broth. Bring remaining cup of broth to a boil. Add to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this gelatin to put in the cold mold.
- Arrange pickles in bottom of a terrine or cake mold. Carefully sprinkle beet over pickles.
- Let set in fridge.
- Add remaining ingredients to the rest of the gelatin. Mix well. Chill until mixture has the consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Pour over pickles and meat in mold. Chill until firm. Unmold to serve. Place lettuce leaves on plates. Drizzle with dressing. Top with beef slices.