Delicious and Hearty Chicken Stuffed PeppersCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked & shredded
2 egg whites, whisked
4 whole green peppers
2 cups green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut off the top of each hole pepper, remove seeds. Please peppers in boiling water and boil for five minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat pan and add sesame oil. Add garlic and ginger root. Mix for 30 seconds. Add chopped peppers and green onions and stirfry for an additional two minutes. Remove from heat. Add chicken and remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of this mixture into each reserved pepper. Surround the peppers with the rest of the stuffing. Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- This dish is easy to prepare in advance and may be frozen.
- Perfect meal to meal prep