Chicken and Cauliflower Salad
March 5, 2014
This is a refreshing summer dish based on the Ideal Protein method, that you will not only enjoy eating but enjoy making as well.
Per Serving: 350 Calories, 18g Fat, 33g Protein, 16g Carbohydrate
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 6 cups cauliflower chopped
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup green peppers cut 1/4″ thick
- 1 cup green onions sliced
- 1 jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Cook in a 375-degree oven for approximately 30 mins or until cooked. Remove and let cool. Cut chicken into cubes.
- Blanch cauliflower in salted, boiling water.
- Combine chicken with cooked cauliflower. Add peppers, jalapeno, green onions and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice. chili powder, parsley and olive oil, serve with greens.