fajita-style flank steak with CAULIFLOWER RiceCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1(12-ounce) flank steak
1 red bell pepper, cut into 6 to 8 pieces, seeds removed (about 1/4 cup)
1 orange bell pepper, cut into 6 to 8 pieces, seeds removed (about 1/4 cup)
4 whole green onions, trimmed
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Lightly spray the bell peppers and green onions with nonstick spray.
- Spray the steak on both sides with non stick spray.
- Place the steak and vegetables on the grill rack and grill for 5 minutes
- Transfer the green onions to a plate.
- Turn the steak and bell peppers and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of the steak registers 145 degrees F for medium-well and the peppers are lightly charred, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes
- Transfer the peppers to the plate with the green onions
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the frozen cauliflower rice (no need to thaw) and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and heated through, about 4 minutes
- Stir in the parsley and soy sauce.
- Cut the steak across the grain into 12 slices and serve with the vegetables and cauliflower rice.