smoky baked tofuCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1(16-ounce) package firm or extra-firm tofu, in 1 block
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 servings Spaghetti Squash , Roast Vegetables, or other select vegetable as a side
Soy sauce, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the tofu on a small plate. Top with another small plate and weigh it down with a small weight, like a can of tuna. Let drain for 5 minutes
- Pour off the water and cut the tofu into 1-inch chunks
- Place the tofu in a medium bowl; sprinkle with the vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and toss gently with a rubber spatula to coat
- Spread the tofu cubes out on the baking sheet and roast until lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes
- Serve with the Spaghetti Squash and soy sauce on the side, if desired.
- This recipe is great for date night!