smoky baked tofuCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Prepared by Chef Darian Bryan
This tasty, crispy and smoky tofu is bound to delight even the most pickiest of tastebuds. Plus, it’s on the table in under 30 minutes!
1(16-ounce) package firm or extra-firm tofu, in 1 block
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 servings Spaghetti Squash , Roast Vegetables, or other select vegetable as a side
Soy sauce, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the tofu on a small plate. Top with another small plate and weigh it down with a small weight, like a can of tuna. Let drain for 5 minutes
- Pour off the water and cut the tofu into 1-inch chunks
- Place the tofu in a medium bowl; sprinkle with the vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and toss gently with a rubber spatula to coat
- Spread the tofu cubes out on the baking sheet and roast until lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes
- Serve with the Spaghetti Squash and soy sauce on the side, if desired.
- This recipe is great for date night!